Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong!
August 4, 1901

American Jazz Trumpeter & Singer
(1901 - 1971)








"My whole
life,
my whole
soul,

my whole spirit is to blow that horn..."



"You blows who you is."












"The memory of things gone
is important to a jazz musician.


Things like old folks singing in the moonlight in the back yard on a hot night or something said long ago."








"If
you have to ask
what jazz is,
you'll never know
."














"I don't let my mouth say nothin'
my head can't stand."






"There is no such thing as 'on the way out' as long as you are still doing something interesting and good;

you're in the business because you're breathing."



Louis Armstrong & Harlem Hot Band - 1933
Performing: "Dinah"



Louis Armstrong - July, 1968
Performing: "It's A Wonderful World"


  • 24 Hours of Louis Armstrong!
    August 4th, WKCR 88.9 FM
    Sunday, August 3 through Monday, August 4
    Presented by WKCR-FM 89.9 NY / Columbia University

1 Comments:

Blogger Get Togetha said...

I love "What a wonderful world"...my all time favorite by Louis...

http://www.gettogetha.com/blog

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home